Sunday, March 17, 2013

Recycled/ Painted Glass bottle.............glass turns to Gold

Radha-Krishna on Altered Art

This is a XXX Rum bottle I recycled sometime back using gold Acrylic colour and Fevicryl Hobby ideas glass colours. The image is an old cut-out from a magazine which has been decoupaged on the glass bottle using Fevicol MR after a little bit of retouching with golden colour.
The bottle has a raised design on which I used gold acrylic as an outliner and filled the little spaces inside with the jewel toned Fevicryl Hobby Ideas water based glass colours.
The raised border around the image and the design on the neck of the bottle is made by M-seal  and painted with gold acrylic. You do not need any adhesive as m-seal alone fixes very well to the glass.For those not familiar with M-seal  is an epoxy resin. It is actually a substance used by plumbers to seal leaks. It is manufactured as white Mseal for hobby crafts by Pidilite Industries and is quite inexpensive and easy to use. 

I distressed the neck of the bottle with gold acrylic and glass colours.



Here is the Bottle in its previous avatar
.............and here after transformation
And here's the back of the bottle in full vibrant gold and jewel tones. looks really nice when the lights shine on it and the lovely play of  multicolored lights cast their own spell. I want to make it into a lamp shade. Any suggestions?? A friend of mine commented, " Wow, Glass turns to Gold"
Am really happy with the way this has turned out. Awaiting your feedback on this.

I am linking this to Itsy Bitsy challenge  in their 3 D project of the year category.  Its the first time I am entering any of my projects in a competition. Wish me luck!
linking to Sarahhurleychallenges and cuddlebugcuties
linking to The Shabby Nest, frugal-friday13


27 comments:

Crafting Vicky said...

wow this is stunning!!! Totally love that you have turned a bottle into a work of art. I wish you could have done a before picture to really show the transformation because I can imagine it was quite big!

Suman Pandit said...

Thank you so much Vicky, that's a good suggestion!! I have a similar unpainted bottle, will post a pic to show the 'before'

Dr Sonia S V said...

Fabulous creation and I agree with Vicky a before pic would add so much to the glory of this project. And your project is so beautiful I find myself lamenting no one at my home drinks so in dire scarcity of such beautiful whisky bottles to alter!! You have really worked magic with the gold and mseal.Stunning!

Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts School Projects

Suman Pandit said...

Haha Sonia, that's where the friendly neighbourhood kabadiwala comes in to help. At one time time I was after the kabadiwalas to find unusual shaped bottles to alter. I also have a cousin who manufactures scientific instruments and glass lab equipment. if you relook at the pics above, there is a flat bottom flask also painted with glass colours........have few more and I want to do Glass on Glass on them....

SUGANTHI said...

That is awesome work. You have created something so unique and so very beautiful. Thanks for explaining what you have done and the materials used.

Suman Pandit said...

oh my god, Suganthi, its so nice to see you here, am so glad you liked this. Am in awe of your talent. all your work is so neat.

Anuprem said...

wow extremely superb work..............

Suman Pandit said...

Thank u Anuradha

SD pooja said...

Wow ! Fabulous Up-cycling !You have done a fab job with glass painting n gold!

Suman Pandit said...

Thank you, even at the risk of sounding immodest I must say I am quiet happy with the way this project shaped up:)

Atty Fatty said...

omg ! its wonderful !
love ur creations .
very talented :)

jaine drake said...

Wow amazing. You've put alot of work into that. Thanks for entering the challenge with Sarah Hurley.

Anonymous said...

This is an amazing transformation. TFS a really great idea. Patti

Unknown said...

I love this so much! You are really good Suman.
This must take a whole lot of time to complete.

Suman Pandit said...

Hi Marge, thank you. I feel that when you have the project in your mind, it is very quick to execute!!

Carolyn Burch said...

that is BEAUTIFUL and would make a fantastic lamp base. I consider keeping the shade small and on the plainish side so the bottle/bottom takes center stage. good luck in the challenges you are entering it into.
Cuddlebug Cuties Sunday Linky Party
Carolyn @ www.iamthecraftylady.com

Sayantani Das said...

I have a similar bottle at home and was waiting for last 1 year for a good idea to strike me... now I am inspired by you... will surely come up with something by this weekend :) Only challenge is getting a good enough design like the Radha-Krishna one you got here :)

Kirstin said...

Wow your bottle is stunning! You did a beautiful job!

Sayantani Das said...

Hi Kalasirjana,
I did work on my bottle as promised, and came up with this:

http://amar-jibancharja.blogspot.in/2013/05/vases.html

Please have a look and let me know how it looks... Thank you for all the inspirations!!

Unknown said...

How gorgeous is that. I love bottle creation.
Beautiful results.
Best wishes
Selenarte

Anonymous said...

Mind blowing....

Divya N said...

wow looks straight out of a Rajasthan palace

Unknown said...

Wow!!! Thank you! I am going to try this.. I am into m-seal art and have been using these beautiful old monk bottles as cheap lamps (just put some fairy lights inside them). But your creation is incredible!

Unknown said...

Wow extremely superb work and I love your bottle creation

Vasudha Somayaji said...

This is gorgeous. Can's believe the transformation!

http://vsomayaji.blogspot.com

Sharda Rao said...

Awesome!

Chris Paes said...

Hi..it's so beautiful. Have you used black colour lines as a base before doing the gold lines on the bottle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...