Friday, July 24, 2015

Featured Artist and a tutorial at Lulupu

Hello Friends
I am so excited and honored to be on the Lulupu  blog as the Featured artist  today !! I had won their last challenge for this entry of mine and was thrilled when I got a mail from Lulupu and was invited for a GDT spot. I am sharing this project and a tutorial on the Lulupu blog today, there is also an interview....


I have created a handmade Art Journal for myself using thick Canson cardstock and Brustro Watercolor paper. I am sharing the cover page for my journal along with a tutorial ………..



I started with ….  ColourArte Silks acrylic Glazes in Sea Spray and Lemondrop and the mini misters

I printed the image on copy paper using the laser printer and fussy cut it….


Diluted the silks with some water and sprayed using the mini misters to create my background….The silks are permanent once they dry…I hope you can see the shimmer……once the background is dry, place the image face down and adhere with gel medium, give a coat of Gel medium on top as well and leave to dry completely.The lovely image is from here


Once everything is dry,spritz with water and rub gently to remove the paper,be very gentle so that only the very top layer comes off. Let it dry and if you see bits of paper still sticking repeat the process. Coat the image with Gel medium to seal the image.


Sorry but I do not have the process pics after this , will try my best to explain…
I have used the faber-Castell Mixed Media stencils, 101collection and texture paste to stencil all around, stamped with Black archival ink and Prima texture stamps, used ColourArte Silks acrylic Glaze in Apple Blossom to add some more color.  

Added the silks on the image to enhance the colors on it…the mica in the acrylic glazes adds so much of glamour to the image.................



The words are from Tim Holtz chitchat stickers, some stars are added and lastly I have added few layers of Transparent Glass stain in clear from Sapphire (an Indian Glass stain company) which gives lots of dimension and a glass like finish to my focal image……


I do hope you will join me on the Lulupu blog here to know little more about me and leave me some love. Big thanks to Karuna and team Lulupu for inviting me !!

linking to http://mixedmediamc.blogspot.in/2015/07/mixed-media-monthly-challenge-14-summer.html
inspired by the beautiful colors in the challenge graphic

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a sweet comment!

12 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

Fabulous Suman and just love the colours and textures.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Unknown said...

Beautiful journal page Suman!!! Love the colours and textures!

Dr Sonia S V said...

WOW just look at that dragon fly...amazing!
PS : I am coming to Delhi for a day in August [medical conference]...Its been a longtime wish to meet you...will write to you!

Pamellia said...

Gorgeous Suman!! Loving your beautifully blended background and your dragonfly is just delish!! Great way to create a border, the stencilling is fabulous! hugs :)

SD pooja said...

Congrats on your Guest post ,OFf o check lulupu blog :)
btw your project is awesome !

Unknown said...

BEAUTIFUL Suman. I soooooooooooo love dragonflies - more than butterflies. Yours is just STUNNING. I also love Silks so it's sooo great to see how you used them here. I have never tried them in a spritzer - so good to know. Super tutorial. Thanks bunches. j.

Unknown said...

Beautiful dragonflies!! We have had a few flying around our yard lately and I just love them! Excellent gel image transfer - it worked perfectly!! Thank you so much for playing with us at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge Blog!

Daksha Popat said...

Wow...suman its amazingly beautiful... Thanks for sharing...that dragonflies looks stunning...love that silk colours...

Bibi Lindahl said...

Congratulations! This is such a gorgeous AJ cover!! I love the colors and shimmer!
Very nice to read the interview over at Lulupu and getting to know you a little better! :-)

yyam said...

It is beautiful! I love the colours and textures! Congrats on being guest designer!

Donna B. said...

Gorgeous journal page! I love all the colors and that pretty dragonfly. Thanks for playing at the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge.

EsVee said...

Fabulous project!! Am still stunned about the dragonfly :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...